2008-10-02

Brewers Make Playoffs!



First time in 26 years! And I am in Hungary. I must have been a jinx.

It may be another 26 years before they make it back so I'm staying up for the games (tonight's game starts at midnight here).

[UPDATE: The Brewers bowed out of the playoffs after just 4 games. But, I think most Brewers fans are just happy they lived long enough to see the Brewers make the playoffs again - especially after their late-season collapse. They at least won one playoff game (unlike the team to the south - sorry Siegel).

Yet, a part of me wonders what if? What if Ben Sheets didn't get injured (again)? What if some of their best players hadn't forgotten how to hit (Corey Hart) the last month of the season? What if they hadn't fallen apart forcing them to wear out CC Sabathia the last month of the season? But as they say, if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.]

No comments: